Happy Monday! It's the first day of the week and there is nothing like the race into the first turn in Monster Energy Supercross. The "holeshot" is the ultimate moment when all 22 racers line up bar to bar and the sound of the bikes all hitting high rpm at the same time is one of the most awesome spectacles in motorsports. Grabbing the holeshot doesn't guarantee victory, but it is certainly a giant leap forward to capturing the checkered flag.
Enjoy this awesome batch of first turn pictures that took place during the first 8 rounds of the 2018 Monster Energy AMA Supercross an FIM World Championship.
1. The season opener at Anaheim. Note Ken Roczen (No. 94) running a custom mostly white set up in his exciting return to Supercross. Ken would take 4th while Marvin Musquin emerged victorious.
2. Houston would prove to be a wild weekend. Jason Anderson took the win followed by Roczen and Justin Barcia, who grabbed this holeshot.
3. Anaheim 2. The first ever Triple Crown in Supercross history!
4. Glendale is always an awesome round! Eli Tomac grabbed the holeshot and took off!
5. It was a night to remember in Oakland. Cole Seely grabbed the holeshot, then Anderson and Roczen battled till the last lap!
6. San Diego saw another victory by Anderson, but it was Cole Seely who ripped the holeshot!
7. It's always awesome racing in AT&T Stadium. On this night, Eli Tomac pulled the holeshot and led every lap to victory.
8. It was all Tomac in Tampa, however Cooper Webb (not pictured) pulled the holeshot in the 450SX Main Event.
Well, that will do it for part 1 of "Monday Holeshots!" Stay tuned next week and we'll go through the rest of the big first turn moments that went down in the 2018 Monster Energy Supercross Championship.
Have a great week!