In front of a crowd of 60,873 fans inside Lucas Oil Stadium, Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, hosted Round 12 and the first of two 250 East-West Showdowns of the season.
Team Red Bull KTM Factory Racing's Marvin Musquin returned to the top of the 450SX Class podium for the first time in 11 weeks with his first holeshot of the season, leading all 27 laps in the Main Event.
"I got a great start, you know, I chanced it, I went inside and I got the holeshot so that's the best feeling," Musquin said after the win. "That was a weird race but I knew it was gonna be crazy ... It's good to be back on top."
The Monster Energy Kawasaki of Eli Tomac secured a second-place start until a crash sent him a lap down to a 15th place finish. A first turn pile up collected points leader Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing's Jason Anderson who started 21st and found his way to fourth by the checkers.
Team Red Bull KTM Factory Racing's Broc Tickle and Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing's Dean Wilson battled for the podium behind the leader until Tickle was unable to hold off an aggressive Wilson. Smartop/Bullfrog Spas/Honda's Justin Brayton who started seventh found third ahead of Anderson, Tickle and Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing's Malcolm Stewart in sixth, while Monster Energy/Yamaha Factory Racing Cooper Webb who started 22nd climbed to seventh.
In the 250 East-West Showdown, GEICO Honda's Jeremy Martin led all 21 laps of the Main Event ahead of a wild battle for points with the two red plates tangling in a first turn pileup. Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki's Adam Cianciarulo ran down a second-place finish after starting eighth ahead of Luke Renzland, who rounded out the podium with a solid third.
"This is just a blessing to be able to be out here so I've got to give it up to the man up above, and I'm doing what I love to do and I've got a dream team," Martin said on the podium. "It was a great race. I got the holeshot, and then I just rode my own race and raced the track ... That's why we put in the time during the week and suffer."
Monster Energy/Yamalube/Star/Yamaha Racing's Aaron Plessinger stormed his way to fifth after a 17th place start to hold on to the Western Regional 250SX Class Championship points lead.
The Eastern Regional 250SX Class Championship points leader, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing's Zach Osborne, suffered a second-to-last place start in 21st and salvaged a seventh-place finish.
For official race results, please visit results.amasupercross.com.
1. Marvin Musquin, Clermont, Fla., KTM
2. Dean Wilson, Clermont, Fla., Husqvarna
3. Justin Brayton, Mint Hill, NC, Honda
4. Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.M., Husqvarna
5. Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., KTM
6. Malcolm Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Suzuki
7. Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., Yamaha
8. Benny Bloss, Oak Grove, Mo., KTM
9. Chad Reed, Dade City, Fla., Husqvarna
10. Blake Baggett, Grand Terrance, Calif., KTM
450SX Class Championship Standings
1. Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.M., Husqvarna (265)
2. Marvin Musquin, Clermont, Fla., KTM (230)
3. Justin Brayton, Mint Hill, N.C., Honda (210)
4. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Kawasaki (194)
5. Blake Baggett, Grand Terrance, Calif., KTM (194)
6. Weston Peick, Menifee, Calif., Suzuki (172)
7. Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., KTM (165)
8. Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., Yamaha (162)
9. Dean Wilson, Clermont, Fla., Husqvarna (138)
10. Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda (124)
250SX East-West Showdown Results
1. Jeremy Martin, Millville, Minn., Honda
2. Adam Cianciarulo, New Smyrna Beach, Fla., Kawasaki
3. Luke Renzland, Hewitt, N.J., Yamaha
4. Jordon Smith, Belmont, N.C., KTM
5. Aaron Plessinger, Hamilton, Ohio, Yamaha
6. Austin Forkner, Richards, Mo., Kawasaki
7. Zach Osborne, Abingdon, Va., Husqvarna
8. Kyle Peters, Greensboro, N.C., Suzuki
9. Phillip Nicoletti, Bethel, N.Y., Suzuki
10. Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., Kawasaki
Eastern Regional 250SX Class Championship Standings
1. Zach Osborne, Abingdon, Va., Husqvarna (131)
2. Austin Forkner, Richards, Mo., Kawasaki (124)
3. Jordon Smith, Belmont, N.C., KTM (121)
4. Jeremy Martin, Millville, Minn., Honda (112)
5. Luke Renzland, Hewitt, N.J., Yamaha (92)
6. Kyle Peters, Greensboro, N.C., Suzuki (85)
7. Sean Cantrell, Murrieta, Calif., KTM, (59)
8. RJ Hampshire, Wesley Chapel, Fla., Honda (57)
9. Brandon Hartranft, Brick, N.J., Yamaha (57)
10. Colt Nichols, Muskogee, Okla., Yamaha (54)
Western Regional 250SX Class Championship Standings
1. Aaron Plessinger, Hamilton, Ohio, Yamaha (151)
2. Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., Kawasaki (142)
3. Adam Cianciarulo, New Smyrna Beach, Fla., Kawasaki (139)
4. Shane McElrath, Canton, N.C., KTM (127)
5. Chase Sexton, Clermont, Fla., Honda (109)
6. Christian Craig, Orange, Calif. Honda (106)
7. Justin Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Suzuki (105)
8. Kyle Chisholm, Valrico, Fla., Yamaha (95)
9. Mitchell Harrison, Tallahassee, Fla., Husqvarna(84)
10. Hayden Mellross, Clermont, Fla., Yamaha (68)