- TURNED PRO: 2015
- BEST CAREER SEASON RESULT: 3rd 2019 (250SX Western Regionals)
- 2020 SEASON RESULT: 11th (250SX Eastern Regionals)
- 1st place 250SX Class 2019 Anaheim season opener
- 2nd place 250SX Class 2019 Round 2 Glendale
- 2018 Ironman National 3rd place 250 class
- 2016 5th overall in the 250 West Coast Supercross Series, 2nd place at Oakland Supercross
- 2015 6th overall at the Detroit Supercross, 8th overall at Indianapolis Supercross
Lifestyle & General Interest
- Playing basketball
- Staying Fit
- Competed in his first race at 4 years old
2020 Season Recap
Expectations were high for Colt Nichols heading into 2020 after an impressive 2019 found him ending the season in a career-best third place. Unfortunately, Nichols suffered a shoulder injury just before the 2020 season began and he was unable to compete in the first 4 rounds. When Nichols returned for Round 5 in Salt Lake City it was clear that he hadn’t missed a beat. Nichols registered three podium finishes in a short five-race season with his best finish being second place in round 6. This late-season surge left Nichols 11th in the season-ending standings.
Nichols returns for his fifth season with the Monster Energy/Star Racing/ Yamaha team. After sitting out the 2020 outdoor season due to a hand injury suffered at the end of his Supercross season, Nichols is finally feeling healthy and ready to race. He will certainly be on the hunt for a championship crown if he can string together a healthy season in 2021.