Three rounds remain in the 2023 Pro Motocross season before the first ever SuperMotocross Playoff event in Concord, NC.
The top 20 riders will be automatically seeded into the SMX World Championship Finals. Riders in positions 21-30 plus any Supercross Main Event winners or Pro Motocross moto winners will have the opportunity to race a Last Chance Qualifier for the final two gate positions at each race.
With that in mind, here is a list of five stories to watch in each class entering Saturday’s event at Unadilla.
450 SMX Standings:
- Dylan Ferrandis (6th) and Jason Anderson (7th) have both moved ahead of Ken Roczen (8th) and Eli Tomac (9th).
- Fredrik Noren (11th) has a chance to mathematically clinch a playoff bid at Unadilla
- Colt Nichols has dropped to 19th but is projected to remain in the top 20
- Jose Butron is knocking on the door of the top 20 in 22nd. Josh Hill currently sits on the bubble in 20th.
- Phil Nicoletti moved up six spots to 27th. A couple of great motos could put him in contention for the top 20. Similarly, Derek Drake (28th) is a potential contender for the top 20
250 SMX Standings:
- Tom Vialle dropped from 5th to 7th, behind Jo Shimoda and Maximus Vohland
- Chance Hymas is currently 14th and is projected to drop back to 20th
- Carson Mumford moved up seven spots last round to 19th
- Dilan Schwartz (20th), Pierce Brown (21st) and Seth Hammaker (28th) all moved up spots and are projected to break into the top 20
- Austin Forkner (51st) could sneak into the playoffs if he makes the top 30