The Monster Energy Supercross Triple Crown is an exciting new racing format that was implemented in 2018. Consisting of 3 races fans and racers alike get to experience three gate drops and holeshots!
- The top 18 fastest riders qualify directly into the evenings' 3 races
- Four additional riders advance into the races via an LCQ (the LCQs for Triple Crown races take place before the night's opening ceremonies)
- 250SX = 3 races at 10 minutes + 1 lap
- 450SX = 3 races at 12 minutes + 1 lap
- The Triple Crown format uses an Olympic-Style Scoring System so 1st place = 1 point; 2nd place = 2 points, etc.
- The rider with the LOWEST SCORE (ex. 1+1+1=3 if a rider wins all three Main Events) gets 1st place, and a full 26 regular championship points. 2nd overall pays 23 pts., 3rd overall pays 21 pts., etc.
Triple Crown Championship:
The Triple Crown is also a "championship within a championship," as a rider's results from the three Triple Crown races in Glendale, Arlington and St. Louis will be tallied to declare an official 2022 Monster Energy Supercross Triple Crown Champion!